If you are an astounding individual with a high attention to detail, an eye for design, HTML & CSS skills, and are comfortable taking direction from a client, then we want to hear from you!
We are adding to the team at Radar Hill! We have an opening for an awesome Web Designer / Front-End Developer, a role to assist our Graphics Department with creating beautiful and effective websites.
We need someone with a solid foundation in the fundamentals of graphic design, specifically as it applies to web development, using: HTML, SCSS and CSS Preprocessors, Adobe Xd,
- Create clean, modern, and well crafted websites
- Create mobile friendly websites and have knowledge of responsive website design
- Create design briefs and project guidelines documents based on client needs
- Organize and manage client content and assets
- Conduct thorough testing and review to make sure websites validate based on W3C standards
- Follow Google best practices
- Turn a design proof into code
- Attention to detail in the fine tuning of original customized web layouts
- A passion for W3C validation, accessibility, and properly structured semantic markup
- The desire to look for ways to enhance the function and usability of web layouts
- An inquisitive nature, that allows you to learn about modern technologies and adapt to new coding practices
- A passion for collaborating and learning from your peers (bonus points if you can teach us something!)
- Analytical, troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- The ability to improvise, work within set budgets, and adapt to challenges
- Offer competitive salary and benefits package
- Have been in business for 17 years
- Work 35 hours a week in our office, Monday to Friday – no pain of overtime
- Have comfortable desks (not drab and windowless cubicles) in a beautiful office, three decks, and great views of the city
- Are a motley crew of designers, smoothie drinkers, coders, programmers, writers, and animal lovers
- Are an equal-opportunity, wheelchair/handicap accessible office
Think this is the job for you? To get our attention: send an email to hr (at) radarhill.com and include:
- A list of your top 3 skills
- Your design portfolio, with at least 3 designs
- What you offer and why you want to join us
- Your resume including references
- A catchy subject line
- An answer to the question: “How do you recognize a good design from a bad design?”
Closing date: Friday, January 11th, 4:00 pm.
Must be located on Southern Vancouver Island. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Those who cannot follow these instructions will not be shortlisted.