This July I was working at Coastal Offices (http://www.coastaloffices.com/) in Colwood. The experience has been great! A wonderful office away from the office. Let me share with you why I think this type of temporary office environment worked for me.
Just like our downtown office access is 24/7 and secure. The available resources include:
- Coffee (that’s important);
- Internet (ya, kinda important too);
- Washrooms and a shower (I’ve been biking a lot so this was a real plus).
There is a fantastic reception and support team. Eileen and Tom were always ready to help during normal business hours.
While discussing with a good friend of mine this type of working space we listed the fiscal benefits:
- No long term lease. There’s two options: hourly or monthly. This means you’re never committed to more than a month’s rent;
- Reduced overhead because you will not need: insurance, common fees, taxes, Internet;
- Commuting and parking. (My commute went from 35-45 minutes each way to 10-15 minutes.)
Now that July is over it means my time at Coastal Offices is complete. I’m going to miss all this – thank-you to everyone at Coastal Offices.