We are adding to the team at Radar Hill and have an opening for a phenomenal, multi-talented Front End / Website Developer. Do you have the skills and aptitude to join us?
- Work with our designers to take designs from mock-ups and PSDs to transform them into custom webpages.
- Write beautiful and efficient HTML and CSS to bring Photoshop files to life.
- Create and optimize graphics for the web.
- Know how to make websites behave awesomely on smartphones, tablets and other devices (Responsive Web Design).
- Develop, modify, and maintain websites and user interfaces.
- Implement server-side code to develop interactive websites.
- Install social APIs (YouTube, Facebook, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Perform onsite audits examining page load times and broken links.
- Experience with PHP, MySQL and the LAMP stack.
- Strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Analytical, troubleshooting and critical thinking skills, with the ability to improvise, work within set budgets, and adapt to challenges.
- A passion for W3C validation, accessibility, and properly structured semantic markup.
- Expert knowledge of cross-browser compatibility, IE rendering issues, and non-hacked fixes (or better yet, avoiding conflicts altogether).
- Your enough of a proofreader to pay atention to detials and knows it snot enough just to spell check.
- A passion for learning new things, constantly looking to improve your stupendousness as a web developer. You read blogs and tutorials, listen to podcasts and anything else you can get your hands, eyes or ears on.
- Related work experience in web development, or an equivalent level of education.
- Offer competitive salary and benefits package. You always get paid, twice a month – a paycheque you can depend on.
- Work 35 hours a week in our office, Monday – Friday, no pain of overtime.
- Have comfortable desks (not drab and windowless cubicles) in a beautiful office, three decks, and great views of the city.
- Are a motley crew of designers, carnivores, smoothie drinkers, coders, vegetarians, programmers, writers, cake sniffers, and animal lovers.
- Are an equal-opportunity, wheelchair/handicap accessible office.
- Are fun, but love to work hard to play hard!
How to get our attention: Send an email to hr (at) radarhill.com and make sure you include:
- A catchy subject line.
- A list of your top 3 skills.
- What you offer and why you want to join us.
- Links to at least five websites you wrote the HTML or CSS for. Tell us what was involved in each site, exactly what your role was, and how you performed.
- Your customized resume including your list of references.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Those who cannot follow these instructions will not be shortlisted.
Are you self-employed? If you are a solo operator or part of a small team struggling to manage a handful of clients, but only want to be creative and do what you are phenomenal at, phone us, and free yourself from the ball and chain of administrative drudgery and enjoy living again!