We are looking for a Phenomenal PHP Programmer to join our team. If you are an experienced, intelligent, enthusiastic individual and a master at frameworks, ideally the CakePHP Framework, with complete fluency in PHP 5 and MySQL, a passion for usable application design, and a borderline OCD for web technologies, we want to hear from you! If you’re not Phenomenal, please don’t apply as you will be working with the Director of Awesomeness (seriously).
If you are a solo operator with a handful of clients to manage, but only want to be creative & do what you are phenomenal at, come talk to us to un-hook from the yoke of administrative drudgery, get out of the basement and join the living again.
- Offer competitive salary and benefits package. You always get paid, twice a month – a paycheque you can depend on.
- Work a steady 35 hours a week, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, with the option of flexible hours. No overtime.
- Are fun, but love to work and junk.
- Feed you: Frequent breakfasts, BBQs and lunches.
- Have great coffee.
- Have comfortable desks (not drab and windowless cubicles) in a beautiful office, three decks, and great views of the city.
- Whip you into shape: Gym Membership to work off the BBQ.
- Are a motley crew of designers, carnivores, clients, smoothie drinkers, coders, vegetarians, writers, cake sniffers, support staff, and animal lovers.
- Are an equal-opportunity employer.
- Have strong working knowledge and experience with the Cake PHP framework.
- Are experienced with technologies related to web programming including online application development, cross-platform scripting languages, data modeling, and database construction and administration.
- Have practical knowledge of work flow and processes for common online applications including content management systems, forms, shopping carts, payment transactions, log-in authentication schemes, bulletin boards, etc.
- Are comfortable working with the Model-View-Controller (MVC) code design paradigm.
- Are experienced with at least one version control system, preferably Subversion or Git.
- Have expert knowledge of cross-browser compatibility, IE rendering issues, and non-hacked fixes (or better yet, avoiding conflicts altogether).
- Know how to make websites be phenomenal on smartphones.
- Are constantly looking to improve your phenomenal-ness as a PHP programmer. You read blogs and tutorials, listen to podcasts and anything else you can get your hands, eyes or ears on!
- Love collaborating and learning from your peers (bonus points if you can teach us something!).
- You have a thorough knowledge of object-oriented PHP 5.
- You are a master at frameworks.
- You have a thorough comprehension and experience with FTP, Shell, TCP/IP, MySQL, Apache etc.
- You are a hard-working team player who is responsible and pays atention to the little detials
- You love making sure code works, and works well.
- Have a passion for W3C validation, accessibility, and properly structured semantic markup.
To apply, send an email to hr (at) radarhill.com and include:
- A catchy subject line.
- URLs to your online portfolios & examples of your phenomenal-ness.
- A list of your top 3 skills.
- What you offer and why you want to join us.
- Your resume and references.