We have one opening at Radar Hill for an Administrator of our Office & Bookkeeper.
If you are an experienced, intelligent, enthusiastic individual with complete mastery of Simply Accounting, with poise, charm, and charisma to fill in part-time for a maternity replacement (We love Andrea!), we want to hear from you!
- Are a goddess / godder at Simply Accounting, with skills to do everything involved with: billing our clients; putting it in the bank so we stay happy; paying our awesome staff so they stay happy; paying our suppliers including the restaurants, markets, and cafes where we shop so we can feed our awesome staff to keep them happy; keeping the books so our accountant stays happy; and yes, doing the brain-numbing government filing so the owners stay out of jail. Bonus if you can improve our processes.
- Have excellent people skills to do basic computer support (“Have you turned it off and back on again?“) while remaining calm and unfazed; greet clients; and book appointments.
- Answer the telephone; take messages; and handle email and paper (yes, paper) correspondence.
- Have strong knowledge and experience in using the Internet, and the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Outlook Express.
- Do OCR; typing, and transcribing handwritten notes (I know, I know it is almost 2012, but some people still use paper…) and scanning photos (…and print their pictures).
- Manage our office including prepping our boardroom for meetings and workshops; and changing washroom paper rolls (we have a procedure for this).
- Know what a domain name is and why they are so important, since you will be babysitting about a legion’s worth.
- Edit good, and pay atention to the little detials
- Want to be at a nice desk in our beautiful office, not in a drab and windowless cubicle, and be able to lunch on one of our three decks giving great views of the city.
- Love collaborating and learning from your peers (bonus points if you can teach us something!). You must be comfortable interacting with a motley crew of designers, programmers, carnivores, clients, smoothie drinkers, coders, vegetarians, bacon eaters, bikers, writers, pie eaters, support staff, and animal lovers.
- Offer competitive salary and benefits package.
- Are fun, but love to work and junk.
- Feed you: Frequent breakfasts, BBQs and lunches.
- Have great coffee.
- Whip you into shape: Gym Membership to work off the BBQ.
- Are an equal-opportunity employer.
- Offer free parking, elevator access, and are on a major bus route.
This position is for a one-year maternity replacement, starting January 3rd, 2012, part-time, 25 hours a week within a 9:00 am – 5:00 pm window, and could be ideal for a parental unit who wants to work while the offspring are in school.
To apply, send an email to hr (at) radarhill.com and include:
- A catchy subject line
- A list of your top 3 skills
- Your resume and references
Closing date: Monday, November 21 at 4:00 pm.