We have an opening at Radar Hill for a Phenomenal PHP Programmer.
If you are an experienced, intelligent, enthusiastic individual with complete fluency in PHP 5 and MySQL, a passion for usable application design, a borderline OCD for web technologies, and who eats frameworks for breakfast, we want to hear from you! If you’re not Phenomenal, please don’t apply as you will be reporting to the Director of Awesomeness (seriously).
- Have strong working knowledge of, and solid experience with, the Cake PHP framework.
- Are experienced with technologies related to web programming including online application development, cross-platform scripting languages, data modeling, and database construction and administration.
- Have practical knowledge of work flow and processes for common online applications including content management systems, forms, shopping carts, payment transactions, log-in authentication schemes, bulletin boards, etc.
- Have a thorough knowledge of object oriented PHP 5.
- Are comfortable working with the Model-View-Controller (MVC) code design paradigm.
- Are experienced with at least one version control system, preferably Subversion or Git.
- Have a passion for W3C validation, accessibility, and properly structured semantic markup.
- Have expert knowledge of cross-browser compatibility, IE rendering issues (you despise IE 6), and non-hacked fixes (or better yet, avoiding conflicts altogether).
- Know how to make websites be phenomenal on smartphones.
- Want to work full time (35 hours/week) at a nice desk in our beautiful office, not in a drab and windowless cubicle.
- Are constantly looking to improve your phenomenal-ness as a PHP programmer. You read blogs and tutorials, listen to podcasts and anything else you can get your hands, eyes or ears on!
- Love collaborating and learning from your peers (bonus points if you can teach us something!). You must be comfortable interacting with a motley crew of designers, carnivores, clients, smoothie drinkers, coders, vegetarians, writers, cake sniffers, support staff, and animal lovers.
- Offer competitive salary and benefits package.
- Work Monday-Friday, 9am – 5pm with time off for lunch, on one of our three decks giving great views of the city.
- Are fun, but love to work and junk.
- Feed you: Frequent breakfasts, BBQs and lunches.
- Have great coffee.
- Whip you into shape: Gym Membership to work off the BBQ.
- Are an equal-opportunity employer.
- You have a thorough comprehension and experience with FTP, Shell, TCP/IP, MySQL, Apache etc.
- You are a hard-working team player who is responsible and pays atention to the little detials
- You love making sure code works, and works well.
If you are a solo operator with a handful of clients to manage, but only want to be creative & do what you are phenomenal at, come talk to us to un-hook from the yoke of administrative drudgery and join the living again.
To apply, send an email to hr (at) radarhill.com and include:
- A catchy subject line
- URLs to your online portfolio & examples of your phenomenal-ness
- A list of your top 3 skills
- Your resume