We have an opening at Radar Hill for a Website Designer Committed to AWESOMENESS.
If you are an experienced, intelligent, enthusiastic individual with complete fluency in advanced CSS and HTML 5, a passion for great website design, a borderline OCD for web technologies, a loathing of tables, and are a frequent user of validation tools, we want to hear from you! If you’re not awesome, please don’t apply as you will be reporting directly to the Director of Awesomeness (seriously).
- Are constantly looking to improve your awesomeness as a website designer and developer. You read blogs and tutorials, listen to podcasts and anything else you can get your hands, eyes or ears on!
- Have a passion for W3C validation, accessibility, and properly structured semantic markup.
- Are able to fluently hand-code clean, compliant, and semantic XHTML and CSS. And know that HTML doesn’t mean ‘Hit The Mall Later’.
- Have expert knowledge of cross-browser compatibility, IE rendering issues (you despise IE 6), and non-hacked fixes (or better yet, avoiding conflicts altogether).
- Understand type, colour, proportion, and love to give a design a distinct style all its own.
- Are a Linchpin who creates awesome, blow-us-away web designs.
- Know how to make websites behave awesomely on smartphones.
- Love collaborating and learning from your peers (bonus points if you can teach us something!). You must be comfortable interacting with a motley crew of designers, carnivores, clients, soup eaters, programmers, vegetarians, writers, cake sniffers, support staff, and animal lovers.
- Offer competitive salary and benefits package.
- Work Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm with time off for lunch, on one of our three decks giving great views of the city.
- Are fun, but love to work and junk.
- Feed you: Frequent breakfasts, BBQs and lunches.
- Have great coffee.
- Whip you into shape: Gym Membership to work off the BBQ.
- Are an equal-opportunity employer.
- You know the Adobe Creative Suite (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Acrobat Pro) like the back of your hand (minus points if you know FrontPage).
- You are a hard-working team player who is responsible and pays atention to the little detials
- You’ve seen PHP code before (and bonus points if you can code it).
If you are a solo operator with a handful of clients to manage, but only want to be creative & do what you are phenomenal at, come talk to us to un-hook from the yoke of administrative drudgery and join the living again.
To apply, send an email to hr (at) radarhill.com and include:
- A catchy subject line
- URLs to your online portfolio & examples of your awesomeness
- A list of your top 3 skills
- Your resume
Closing date: Tuesday, 15 March, 2011, at 4 pm.